The Public Service Commission (PSC) is one of the most important influencers for Montana’s energy future. However, most people don’t know much about the PSC, what it does, or how to be involved. In this webinar we cover the basics of PSC structure, their decisions, and important dockets to watch at the PSC this fall (2022) including Northwestern Energy’s Integrated Resource Procurement Plan and general rate case.
We’ll be using Montana Renewable Energy Association’s guide to the PSC, if you would like to follow along! More at www.montanarenewables.org/renewable-energy/psc/
Hosted by Montana Renewable Energy Association and Montana Environmental Information Center. Recorded on Oct. 13, 2022.
Links shared during this call:
- Form to complete for a mailed PSC guide: https://forms.gle/YxdUgi2KsLVvQEXX7
- Contact your PSC Commissioner: https://svc.mt.gov/psc/web/Home/Login
- Livestream PSC meetings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9rwuz3duxcrQF47Ky6HCg
- MEIC’s quarterly newsletter: www.meic.org/down-to-earth
- A link to an article about recent PSC rulemaking: https://dailymontanan.com/2022/08/17/psc-hears-pushback-on-new-rules-but-northwestern-gives-them-the-nod/
- The list of MEIC’s IRP events: https://meic.org/2022-irp/
- Here’s MEIC’s page on oil & gas and how it’s harmful for the climate and human health: https://meic.org/oil-and-gas-pollution-in-montana/