The Conservation Calendar of Montana is maintained in partnership with the University of Montana Environmental Studies program. Updated daily. Refresh/Reload often. Email event notices here.
October is Campus Sustainability Month.
Check back often for updates, cancellations, etc. Links in bold blue italics
Now until Nov — Western Cider in Missoula accepts donations of apples to make community cider & avoid bear problems. To help glean, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Now to Nov 22 — ‘The Story of Plastic’ documentary is free for viewing here.
Oct 20-22 — Global Conference on Sustainability ONLINE Theme: Mobilizing for a Just Transition — includes a focus on teaching sustainability. Registrants can access recorded presentations through Nov 22.
Oct 22 — River Road Farm fall sale of winter storage veggies. noon to 6pm. at 1657 River Road, Msla. More info at Facebook event here.
Oct 22 (Thurs) — UM Climate Response Club meets– all welcome. On zoom, 5-6:30 pm. share tools for positive action, including mobilizing for free, fair elections. For more info & zoom link, visit CRC’s web site.
Oct 22 — Public Hearing on draft revised Restoration Plan for the Clark Fork River. Online, 6-8 pm. Info and how to connect here. Comment deadline is Oct 30.
Oct 22 — SpectrUM’s Big Night (FUNdraiser online). 7-7:30 pm. Info & registration here. Ticket includes optional tour of new museum.
Oct 23-25 — FreeCycles Tweed Ride FUNdraiser. Info here.
Oct 24 (Sat)– Volunteer work day at Missoula’s Memorial Rose Garden. putting the beds to bed for the winter. Mulch & supervision provided by Parks & Rec. 9am to noon. To help email Tyler
Oct 26 (Mon) — Volunteer work day on the East Fork of the Bitterroot River, putting browse protectors on new plantings. 11am. To help, email Katie. of Bitter Root Water Forum.
Oct 27 — MT Public Service Commission hearings on NorthWestern Energy’s proposed coal purchase. 4-8pm. Online. Info here on proposal and on how to submit comments.
Oct 29 (Thurs) — Conservation Gardening in your yard. Biologist & gardener David Schmetterling explains how to landscape with resource conservation, drought & wildlife in mind. 7pm. Register for free online talk here.
Oct 29 — UM Climate Response Club offers workshop on Environmental Justice. 5-7pm. For more info, email CRC.
Oct 30 (Fri) — Deadline to comment on revised Restoration Plan for the upper Clark Fork River. Info on the plan and how to submit comments here.
Oct 30 — Volunteer work day –restoration planting along the Clark Fork River near Deer Lodge. am and pm shifts available. More info & sign up here. If still have questions, email email@example.com
Oct 30–AERO’s 2020 Expo. RESCHEDULED TO DECEMBER 6. Info will be here.
Check back often for updates, cancellations, etc.
Nov 1 (Sunday) — Volunteer work day in UM’s Firewise Demonstration Garden (which shows how to reduce fire risk with your landscaping). Will finish installing plants, signage, etc. Bring work gloves & mask. 9am to 2pm, SE corner of campus near Schrieber gym. RSVP to, firstname.lastname@example.org. More info here.
Nov 2 (Mon) — Public meeting (zoom) to discuss strategies for the Reserve St Encampment (used by homeless citizens), Missoula. 2-3:30 pm. Info here.
Nov 2-Dec 11 — UM Online Beekeeping course (intro level). Info & registration here.
November 3 (Tuesday) US Election Day — VOTE!
Vote as if the Earth & Society depend on it — They do.
Nov 5 (Thurs) — Deadline to submit comments on the Butte Area One Restoration Plan (2020 amendment).Info & link to the document here.
Nov 5– MT Board of Environmental Review Public hearing on new water quality standards for Selenium in Lake Koocanusa & Kootenai River. 10 am. Info and how to attend via zoom here.
Nov 5 — Smurfit-Stone Community Advisory Group meets (via Zoom) to continue discussing needed actions to cleanup the closed pulp mill on the Clark Fork River. Public welcome. 6pm. Zoom link here. More info, email Jeri
Nov 10 — Online Public hearing on Rosebud Mine EIS. 6-8pm. Info on the EIS and how to attend the hearing here. Note written comments accepted til Nov 23. MEIC petition here.
Nov 14 — Missoula Valley Winter Market opens at new location — Southgate Mall (in former Lucky’s Market). 9 am to 2 pm, every Saturday through next April.
Nov 16-20 — North American Lake Management Society’s International Symposium (virtual).
Nov 18 — 2020 Montana AIS (Aquatic Invasive Species) Summit — Info will be here.
Check back later
Check back later
Check back later
May 18-20. Innovative Solutions for Evolving Restoration Science — hosted by MT Natural Resource Damage Program working to restore the upper Clark Fork River. Fairmont Hot Springs.
- Aerie Backcountry Medicine –wilderness first responder courses
- Clark Fork Coalition calendar
- Clearwater Resource Council events | Clearwater River watershed
- Climate Smart Missoula calendar
- Conservation Calendar for Montana
- Families for a Livable Climate
- Five Valleys Audubon community calendar
- Five Valleys Land Trust calendar
- Free Cycles Facebook Events
- Friends of the Missouri Breaks Monument
- Friends of Two Rivers (Clark Fork & Blackfoot)
- Jeannette Rankin Peace Center Events
- Missoula meetings of boards, commissions, etc)
- Missoula Events Calendar
- Missoula Foodbank cooking classes & other events
- Missoula Redevelopment Agency Current Agenda
- Missoula Trails for Bikes (MTB) –scroll down to calendar
- Missoula Urban Demonstration Project events
- More Missoula Links:
- Neighborhood Councils; City Meetings; City Calendar; Public Hearings; Public Infrastructure Projects; Committee Schedule (Posted Mondays);
- Montana Audubon Center events
- Montana Board of Environmental Review meetings
- Montana Conservation Calendar
- Montana Events Calendar
- Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks public events calendar
- Montana Natural History Center
- Montana Native Plant Society Clark Fork Chapter events
- Montana Watershed Coordination Council calendar
- National Center for Appropriate Technology MT events
- Rocky Mountaineers upcoming trips
- Sierra Club-MT Outings in Montana 2020
- Sierra Club-MT action calendar 2020, scroll down to calendar
- Sustainable Living Systems Food & Culture Lecture Series
- Sustainable Business Council of Missoula
- Teller Wildlife Refuge Events
- UM College of Forestry Seminars
- UM Events
- UM Native American Studies events
- Watershed Education Network events
- Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation events
- Women Bike Missoula Facebook events