This week, we chatted about the fast-moving bills racing towards the second transmittal deadline (now on April 4). We also heard from Nick Gevock, with the Endangered Species Coalition, and MREA’s Makenna Sellers.
Links and info shared during this call:
- Call to leave a message for your legislator(s) between 7:30 am and 5 pm:
- Find your legislators’ direct phone numbers on the Legislative Roster: https://leg.mt.gov/legislator-information/roster
- Here’s what to say:
Say your name and where you are from. Ask them to vote a specific way on a bill and briefly tell them why.
Be brief, honest, explicit, and courteous.- Thank them for their time.
- Find your senator: https://meic.org/bill-tracker/#/legislators
- Send a message about SB 557, if you’re unable to make a phone call: https://meic.org/bill-tracker/#/126
- Story in Billings Gazette about SB 524: https://billingsgazette.com/news/lawmakers-consider-taxing-non-profits-suing-state-agencies/article_60261cde-cdda-11ed-8e13-ab6560f986c6.html
- Here’s the MTFP article about bills that impact local climate action: https://montanafreepress.org/2023/03/24/legislature-energy-local-government/