This week, we reviewed bills that are scheduled for hearings in the coming week. We talked about coal mining, land use, energy, and cryptocurrency bills that we’d like to make sure are on your radar.
Links shared during this call:
- Look up LCs on the legislative website: http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/law0203w$.startup?P_SESS=20231
- Register to testify or submit written comments: https://leg.mt.gov/session/have-your-say/
- Here is the link for SB 178 (crypto): http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20231&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=SB&P_BILL_NO=178&P_BILL_DFT_NO=&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ2=&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=
- HB 576: http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20231&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=HB&P_BILL_NO=576&P_BILL_DFT_NO=&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ2=&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=
- Check out the bills and related actions you can take on our website! https://meic.org/bill-tracker/#/bills
- Legislative services phone number: (406) 444-4800
- The legislative services also tracks all the proponents and opponent tallies for each bill: https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2023/reports/messaging_bill_report.pdf
Correction: *Crypto bill will be heard in the House Business and Labor Committee, Friday at 8 am.