Concurrent with rallies held across Montana, the citizens of Lame Deer will rally from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM on April 26th Montanans for Montanans for Climate Solutions, a multi-community event that will call on state and federal officials to take decisive and clear action to reduce dangerous carbon pollution and support proactive steps to solve the climate crisis. There will be a clean-up of Lame Deer Avenue, and then a climate and coal rally with speakers and a BBQ. See the full agenda below!
Montanans from all walks of life will urge our decision-makers to embrace renewable energy, and energy efficiency and conservation policies that move us towards a clean energy economy. It is time to move away from dirty fossil fuel development projects like the Otter Creek Mine and Keystone XL Pipeline.
We need urgent action to phase out carbon-intensive fossil fuels and fire up the clean energy economy. Please come out and help Lame Deer and Montana add our voices to the chorus!
WHEN: Saturday, April 26th, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
WHERE: Veterans Park
For more information, please contact Vanessa Braided Hair at email@example.com
Clean Up of Lame Deer Avenue Agenda:
- 9:00 A.M. Veteran’s Park Registration
- Participants will receive Beyond Coal and ecoCheyenne shirts, 10 gallon trash bags, latex gloves, safety message, route Directions.
- Trash pick-up will be begin at 9:30
- Follow Vehicle/Driver/Security/Trash Pick-up will follow participants.
- Ending Location: Fitness Center
*Shuttle to start location for participants.
BBQ and Rally Agenda
- Meet back at Veterans Park
- Speakers to talk about coal and climate, open comment period and questions.
- Additional shirts and info will be handed out.
- People will receive Beyond Coal T-Shirts, We will have a large plywood “WE DRAW THE LINE” sign to be signed by participants and then put up on Hwy 212 on the Reservation