What does the repeal of the Clean Power Plan mean for Montana?
August 21, 2018
A sample of what we can expect:
- More expensive electricity
- More pollution
- Increased wildfires
- More smoke
- More lost tax revenue due to wildfire evacuations
- More lost tax revenue due to fighting wildfires
- More climate refugees (think Seeley Lake residents)
- More canceled after school sports
- More drought
- Less local tax revenue from renewable energy development
- More smog
- Less snowpack
- Disappearing glaciers
- More invasive aquatic species
- More invasive weeds
- More tree kills by pine bark beetles
- Less water for agriculture
- More asthma
- More cardiovascular impairment
- More emergency room visits
- More missed days from school
- More keeping your windows closed during summer due to smoke
- More emotional stress during smoke season
- More breathing masks and air filters
- More deaths
What’s not to like?
This is un-American and does nothing to keep America great.
Want to fight back? Become an MEIC member today. Over half of our funding comes from our members and we fight climate change everyday on their behalf in courts, at the legislature, with state and federal agencies, and in every venue in-between.